Friday, April 1, 2011

Something I need to do...




I've been procrastinating in regards to my writing. I like doing the Tuesday Serial, and the 3 Word Wednesday.


I keep meaning to do more Friday Flash but by the time Friday gets here, I just want to have a glass of wine and celebrate the fact that I made it through another work week.

I happened to catch this tweet from @jocasalizzbeth:

Rebecca Clare Smith
Aspiring Writers Pledge: I discovered this pledge on Liz H. Allen’s blog after flicking through from some... #amwriting
Being the curious creature that I am, I went to this lovely lady's blog , found this pledge and thought I would share it with the rest of you:

I, ______________, take The Aspiring Writers Pledge to write a book in 2011 with the intent of publishing. I promise to update my progress weekly, ask when I need support and encourage others to complete the task at hand.


I like the whole idea of actually holding myself accountable for my writing but I do take this pledge with a bit of caution. It wasn't that long ago that I was going to write one short story and submit it each month. I totally bombed on that.

I think, though, I'm going to alter this pledge a little bit (also snatched from Rebecca) and say that I will TRY to give weekly updates. I haven't got a plot settled yet for a WIP but when I do I will post here.

So here it goes.

I, Ren Thompson, take the Aspiring Writers Pledge to write a book in 2011 with the intent of publishing. I promise to TRY update my progress weekly, ask when I need support and encourage others to complete the task at hand. So say we all. 

Okay so I added that last part, but it just seems fitting for some  reason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment